Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Validation

This morning I got a Facebook friend request from a gentleman by the name of Bob Fraser. I accepted the friend request, and went to Bob’s Website. I saw someone that looked familiar to me. Turns out, that Bob Fraser is an acting instructor and coach with over 25 years in the business. I thought he looked familiar because he was in the Television show Benson, which I was a regular viewer of, and he was not only an actor on the show, but a producer and writer as well.

He’s a multi-disciplinary person and has multiple talents. I sent him a nice letter and thanked him for his friend request. While I was checking on the website, I saw him pop onto Facebook. I shot him a message and thanked him for his friend request and complimented him on a great career and thanked him for providing information as a coach to young up-and-comers providing them some very valuable and valid insight in his series of instructional seminars, and teaching materials.

He informed me that he had already visited my websites, and my blog, and he told me that he was very impressed. I thanked him for that, we had a short chat and then both went back to our various activities for the day.

I share this, because as much as we all do our thing by ourselves, it’s very nice to receive validation from those who’ve gone before, and managed to make a successful career for themselves. We all seek out instructors and guidance at points in our careers and always continue learning throughout our lives whether personal or professional. That’s my Zen teaching showing through.

It’s great to give our confidence a boost, and reaffirm that we belong in our own skin, and what we’re all doing in this field.

Just a nice little ditty for a spring day.. :)

If you’d like to visit Bob’s Website, please click the links contained within the blog. Bob has a wealth of information for those who wish to listen, drop on by and tell him hi!

Till Next Time,

Bye for now,

Adam

 

No comments:

Post a Comment