Monday, March 30, 2009

Spring Studio Remodel

Hi Folks! :)

I hope all of you are starting to see the signs of Spring. :) We’re just now starting to get out from under the cold, rainy, overcast days, and are starting into the cold nights, crisp mornings, clear days, and soon we’ll be into the spring rain… Love that stuff :)

With the Spring, finally comes the remodel for the studio. Soon we’ll be putting the walls up, running electrical, soundproof insulating, running high speed cable, etc.. it should be a great time to be sure and I wanted to share some “before” items with you on the blog.

Studio

This is a shot from the far end of the Client room, across the client room and the skeleton frame on the floor of what will become the wall separating the Client Room from the Control Room. The wall will go very close to where, as you are looking at it from this angle, the far side of the hearth for the Ben Franklin stove.

This is a shot from the door that leads in and out of the Control Room  into what will become the new Control Room. You can get a better idea of the wall placement from this side. The closet that can be seen from this angle in the back on the left, will be remodeled into an Instrument Isolation Booth for Guitars and Bass amps, and will be wired for a second Vocal Booth / Whisper Room

DSCN0821

View

This is a shot from the Deck right outside the Control Room that gives you an idea of the view into the Country Valley below. These next few pictures were the deal closer for me buying this house. I primarily purchased this home for the studio, because this space upstairs that will all be workspace and the view was the the clincher. I take one step out of my Control Room to the deck, and the sun sets over the mountains directly to the west. It brings me so much peace and harmony.

DSCN0822

View number 2 of the view from the deck. I was going to make a panorama, but for compatibility sake, I’ll let you make your own. :)

DSCN0824 View number 3 of the view. Let me take a moment and say that I am truly blessed to have been given such a wonderful place to live. :)

DSCN0823

Layout

This is a (not to scale obviously) line drawing of the overview of the entire project. The total space I’m working with is 2500 Sq. Ft. It’s going to take some time, and I’ll be doing it in phases, but when it’s all done, this will be the layout.

Blueprint Back2

This is another (not to scale) line drawing of how the control room and client area will roughly be laid out.

Blueprint items

Please enjoy these pictures! I’m hoping to post pics during construction and remodeling. I’ll make sure to keep everyone updated. Now that it’s warming up, we can get to it and make this thing happen! :)

Feel free to leave comments!

Bye For Now,

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment