Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Greater Good

Good Morning.. :)

Today I was doing my morning updates and checking in on Facebook, and I saw a post that caught my eye..

It’s from Linda Ristig, a Voiceover Artist and on my friends list. It struck me, because she was posting a project she’s been working on, a YouTube video, and she mentioned that she was asking for input.

This is a great thing. Many of us in the business have guidelines that we have to follow when we do spots for others, and thusly become accustomed to doing things in this fashion. Even when we produce projects for friends and our own promotional efforts, we get into that groove, push through and finish things based on the specs given to or created by us.

Linda was asking for comments, because she wants to make this project the best that it can be, and I can’t applaud her enough for being brave enough to put her own work out there for people to comment on and make suggestions on what things might be great, and what things might need to be changed.

It’s a great video too. I’ve put a link in above if you’d like to check it out, but I’ll put another one HERE for you to enjoy.

Once again, Kudos to you Linda for putting yourself out there. Great attitude and an open mind! :)

UPDATE:

Here's a great update.. after posting this blog, I spoke with Linda.. and the video was posted by a Dr at Kansas State.. He accidentally posted the comments in his link hypertext..

That's awesome for irony in a video relating to hyper text huh? :)

She had no connection to the video except to have Googled it..

BUT..

The best part is that while Linda and I were chatting.. she stayed true to that original post and said "How about the next YouTube video I make, I give you first crack at it for feedback?"

Just goes to show, even with the little mix-up.. that she has that same attitude to reach out and receive suggestions on how to make the things she does better! :)

Way to go Linda!

If you'd like to visit Linda's page,

CLICK HERE

Bye for now,

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment