Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Stress and Decision Making

HI all..

Today my horoscope said:

You need more options in your life. That doesn't mean it's time to skip town and start up somewhere new under an assumed name, but it does mean you can open that door you've been curious about.”

I saw this and realized that although horoscopes are just for fun, they can sometimes provide us with some great perspective. I’ve been mulling over a few big decisions lately, and seeing this horoscope this morning, made me really start to think about how true this was in my life at the moment.

Yes, it could be true of anyone, at anytime, but I realized that for me, it was providing some interesting advice.

I’ve been curious about some new possible opportunities I’ve been mulling over and I, being my own worst critic, have been thinking about the impact on my life, career, family, etc in an effort to be responsible prior to any decision making I may do.

Well, it’s great to be prudent, but sometimes you just have to be spontaneous and go for it or some of those great things that could happen, will most certainly not. If you miss windows like that in life, they have a tendency to not repeat themselves and you find yourself saying.. “Man, I really should have bought 2 pairs of those boots I like”

I certainly don’t want to act without thinking, but in my former career as a Cop, sometimes you think things through and other times, you have to act right now, or things will become much worse in a hurry.

I’m going to take that piece of advice from my horoscope today, and open the door to some of those new and exiting opportunities and have faith that the details will fall into place as they are meant to. :)

Bye for now,

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment